Blog - In The Know: 10 Unique Facts about Seaside, Florida
1. Seaside, FL is 80 acres with only 2.2 acres that are designated for commercial use
2. There are 489 individual dwellings, including 100 guest homes
3. There are 12,000-14,000 unique reservations in Seaside, Florida annually
4. The Seaside Repertory Theatre was founded in 2000 and performs for over 20,000 people each year
5. Average price of an inland home is $900/square foot and the gulf front home is over $1,000/square foot
6. The Post Office is the geographical center of Seaside and is an example of the classical building style
7. Tupelo Street was the first street developed and they moved east to west, one street at a time.
8. Public greens are a very important characteristic of new urban developments. Seaside, Florida, has 3 public greens: Amphitheater, Ruskin Place and the Lyceum
9. Picket fences are unique in Seaside, FL. No two houses on the same street can have the same picket fence.
10. The Lyceum was modeled after Thomas Jefferson’s University of Virginia academic village where individual buildings along side of the lawn face each other with a continuous colonnaded covered walkway connected the buildings.
« Back to Articles