Blog - Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
COVID-19 Updates – CRA Seaside, FL and 30A
Update- May 19, 2020
We are thrilled to share that the short-term rental ban has been lifted in Walton County, and Cottage Rental Agency is open and ready to take reservations beginning Thursday, May 21st.
We have stringent new health and safety standards focused on all touch points for guests and employees. From new check-in procedures that limit contact to increased disinfecting of all public areas, find out more about our enhanced cleanliness initiatives in every area. All of our CRA cottages provide private entrances, multiple bedrooms, personal kitchens and living spaces that will enable our guests to social distance and limit exposure to others while still enjoying their time at the beach. Guests will be encouraged to take personal safety precautions– this can mean anything from wearing masks in public places like grocery stores, to bringing hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes from home to use while visiting. For best practices in health and travel as recommended by the CDC, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html
In addition to our internal changes, we will ask our guests and homeowners to review governmental guidance to confirm eligibility to travel and stay at our resort and/or leave their own state. Reservations will not be honored where prohibited, and CRA accepts no responsibility for guests’ reservations that do not adhere to guidelines. Per the governor’s executive order, reservations for dates within the next 45 days may not be accepted for renters coming from specific COVID-19 hotspot states which include: Louisiana, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. Stay up-to-date on all COVID-19 travel updates here.
Walton County voted to open beaches beginning May 1, 2020. The following restrictions remain in place:
-All permits for beach bonfires shall be suspended. No fire permits will be issued while this Local State of Emergency remains in effect.
-All special events on the beach shall be suspended and no special events on the beach shall be permitted while this Local State of Emergency remains in effect.
-Groups of more than ten (10) people are prohibited, and a minimum of six (6) foot social distancing shall apply
Seaside Commercial District:
The Seaside Commercial District will begin their phased reopening on May 29, 2020.
- -Central Square will be closed to automobiles during the first phase of re-opening.
- -Tents will line Central Square establishing an open-air market and the ability to queue guests into retail stores with limited capacities.
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations will be placed throughout town.
- -Enhanced safety measures will be in place, including the request for patrons and staff to wear face coverings when entering retail stores or when in close proximity to others.
- -To prevent long wait lines, they will ask our guests to use online ordering methods from the ‘grab and go’ food & beverage merchants.
- -Additional protocols and procedures will be announced closer to the opening date. Read the full statement from Seaside here.
We ask all in-house guests, guests of owners, and owners continue to practice social distancing and make the choices that are best for them and their family.
« Back to Articles